SMSB-IX Welcomes You to Calgary!
|Oct. 18, 2013||Deadline for on-line abstract submission extended|
|Oct. 31, 2013||Author notification of abstract acceptance|
|Feb. 17, 2014||Deadline for on-line submission of full technical papers|
|Mar. 31, 2014||Return of reviewer comments for paper revisions|
|April 30, 2014||Final submission of revised papers|
The Calgary bridge engineering community is pleased to host the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering’s 9th International Conference on Short and Medium Span Bridges, SMSB-IX.
The SMSB 2014 Conference will be held July 15 - 18, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in scenic downtown Calgary, Alberta, home of the Calgary Stampede and gateway to the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
Since 1982 the International Conferences on Short and Medium Span Bridges have been held in Canada to provide a worldwide state-of-the-art forum on all aspects of short and medium span bridges (i.e. spans less than 150 m). Bridge engineers, researchers, contractors, and owners from around the world will again enjoy this unique opportunity to discuss recent practices and new research and development concerning all types of short and medium span bridges.
The SMSB 2014 Organizing Committee invites you to come to Calgary to discuss the challenges we are facing in our profession and to share your experiences under the themes of:
- Bridge Aesthetics
- Research and Development
- Environmental Loads and Extreme Events
- Dynamics and Vibration of Bridges
- Innovative Design and Construction
- Advanced Materials in Bridges
- Accelerated Bridge Construction
- Sustainability, Durability, and Resilience
- Management of Bridge Assets
- Bridge Failures, Lessons Learned
- Inspection, Evaluation and Rehabilitation
- Pedestrian, Rail Bridges, and Buried Structures
- Historic Bridges